Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Five Faves

I have seen a lot of movies this year. Here are my favorites so far.

1. Scott Pilgrim: I just finished this for the third time. I don't think that this movie will ever wear out for me. There is just so much to love about it. From the amazing visuals to the video game references to the music, there is always something that will impress me while I watch it. The movie is wonderfully acted. Edgar Wright really knows how to make a movie.

2. Inception: this is the second movie ever that I saw two days in a row. I don't think Chris Nolan knows how to make a bad movie. The concept is intriguing and very smart. You have to really follow it closely to really enjoy the story, but the action is great too. And how about that ending?

3. Kick-Ass: it's not too often that a gritty comic book movie comes along where boundaries are pushed. Kick-Ass does just all of that with the over the top violence and the cursing of a 12 year old super heroine. The best part? It's all extremely well done. The movie was in production at the same time as the comic and therefore has some differences, but I'm not complaining with this one. Great, great movie.

4. Iron Man 2: not too sure why so many didn't really like this one. To this point, Iron Man has been my favorite mainstream comic hero brought to the silver screen (with the exception of Spider-man 1). It isn't as great as the first one and is significantly less action oriented, but the story is told well and paced perfectly by Favreau, who is also a wonderful editor.

5. How To Train Your Dragon: I don't often include animated movies in my top picks, but this one was spectacular. Great acting, wonderful animation, and an engaging story. Check it out.

What are your top 5?

No comments:

Post a Comment