Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm a Freaking Hybrid

Sorry for not posting another technique in a couple of days. Work has sucked and for the last two days it has been Icy and rainy. We even lost power for a couple of hours last night. I wanted to run an idea out to all of the ninja vs. pirate fans. It's a story I want to write from time to time on this blog.

Jaques Luc Gagnon was just a child when his parent's, rich merchants from Marseilles, ship was overrun with pirates on a trading route to Japan. He was taken, as a recruit, by the Demon Captain Bronzebeard because of his fiery spirit and determination to "slay" the pirates invading the Mist Maiden. Jaques was trained from childhood to be a ruthless killer and plunderer. However, one day after his fifteenth birthday, the crew of the Demon Queen was attacked and destroyed trying to take a small ship in the North Japanese Ocean. Jaques saved himself with quick thinking and escaped as the Demon Queen met her demise in the cold waters of the ocean. A day later he washed ashore near a small village in Japan and held his own as a clan of mysterious ninjas tried to kill him. Impressed by his still fiery spirit, the leader of the clan took him back to their village where Jaques explained what had happened to him all those years ago. Manamoto, the leader, told Jaques that it had been men from his clan that defeated Bronzebeard, but also explained discontent in not being able to recover a corpse resembling Bronzebeard. Manamoto agreed to teach Jaques the Ways of the Ninja and vowed to help him find Bronzebeard and exact revenge upon the vile pirate Captain.

That's the idea in a nutshell. For the past couple of days, those following my twitter account have noticed me exclaiming that I am a Pirate trained in the Ways of the Ninja, thus referring to myself as a hybrid. I've always loved pirates and ninjas and feel that this could be a pretty cool story if I told it right. It's still rough and the names are just off the top of my head, but I think with some planning it could be a really cool Blovel (my combination of the words Blog and Novel). Let me know what you think, either with comments here or @dreyk replies on twitter and I'll work out the kinks and post the first chapter soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment