Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's the Zombie Apocalypse

I am currently obsessed with zombies. Over the last two weeks I have bought or have been given 7 zombie movies and 2 books about surviving zombie attacks and/or epidemics.

Yesterday I watched four of those movies. Three of them were the Resident Evil live action movies loosely based on the game series. In the past I had watched the first one and Apocalypse. Extinction was new to me and seemed like a bit of a PG-13 horror flick although it was rated R. I enjoy RE and therefore enjoyed the movies. What surprised me was the fourth movie I watched.

Resident Evil Degeneration is a cgi movie that was gorgeous. It was kind of a 4.5, following the events just after game 4. Although I kind of felt like I was watching the in game movies, I still felt drawn to the story. I was pleased to see an old favorite in Claire Redfield in the cast and Leon S. Kennedy is just a zombie slaying badass. Overall I was pleased with the movie. A nice RE5 trailer came on the disc as well.

I bought The Zombie Diaries tonight and plan to watch it in the next couple of days, but for now I am going to rest because I have spent the last couple of days under the weather. I will also post a review of "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks as I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment